Monday, January 20, 2014

How old is old?? 3??

As I carried my daughter and walked towards Costco, Tootsie spent her time canvassing a movie she wanted to watch later. And then she let me in on a little secret. "Mommy I am old" says she, still stitting on my hip. "Really" I asked her "how old?"
"Old!!" came the reply... making her case to swipe my credit card at the store. And she is old.. 3 going on 13! I wonder what the future will bring!

And she has a plan! "When I turn 4  I will need to learn Dance, Jijitsu, Football and Swimming" says the diva. " At 3 I will just learn dance". Cheeky is all into MMA and UFC. So Tootsie wants to learn Jijitsu as long as it doesn't give her a "boo-boo". She might just whip out a contract here before we sign her up!

At school the little missy is learning to write her name. She misspells her name all the time, she repeats the same syllable over and over again. After weeks of correcting her and getting into trouble for it, we have given up. Every time we correct her she gets so mad at us! Whatever happened to parents admonishing children.. its the reverse in our household.

So the other day I went to pick her up at school and Tootsie showed me a picture she had drawn. Then she pointed to the rowdy syllable in her name. "See mommy I only wrote it twice" she said. Me being annoying me said "But princess you wrote it 3 times, see". The princess was mad! She walked out of school with a long drawn face with the dark storm clouds following us. To her credit she held herself till we got to the car and then let it loose at me "Mommy that's not fair! You and Daddy keep changing my name" she said! The troubles of my little princess are multifold indeed!

Christmas brought an interesting turn of events in Cheeky-ville. With a 9 yr old cynic and a 3 yr old believer, things sure got interesting here. Santa survived the trials and brought us the gifts. But not before we were no longer sure who was the believer and who the cynic. Just in case a trip to the mall was made, minus Cheeky who did not want "any part of the drama". [9 is officially a teen year now I think!] Tootsie all business like walked up to Santa and said "I want the Sophia toy. It is available at Costco".  She would have given him directions too if Santa hadn't distracted her asking her age. And then she launched into this long tale about how she was 3 but had to have a bday cake and a party when she turned 4. Only instead of the candles, she is just going to have 4 parties and 4 cakes! How convenient!!

Anyway, if you thought that Tootsie would not be satisfied, you are sooo wrong! Because then the mom had to be informed about the doll in Costco. And how it could be purchased day after Christmas. "And you have to pay before you can open it ok?" Yes Maam... we get the drift!

So as you can see between changing names and buying gifts, toosie-town is a happening place! Until next time.. Chao!!

No comments:

My introspections on Women's day

  It is International Women's  Day and a day for us to celebrate women. Every year for me this is a day of introspection, it is a day to...