Monday, November 16, 2009

Oops I did it again!


You know how your life seems to be a repeat of “I am not going to do this ever” and after a while you find yourself doing just that! Maybe not your life.. but my life has been a series of that! The week I told my parents that I am not going to get married for another couple of years I met the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with and said yes to him! The girl who had claimed she would never have kids.. went on to have her first kid with much aplomb.. and bull dozed the husband into stoic acceptance! And when I had declared that my work was my life, I have yet again proven myself wrong by quitting my job for the sake of my child and enjoying the phase of being a stay at home parent!

Similarly I had declared never again! I had one kid and that will be it.. I will never have another kid! You’ve got to be insane to be willing to go through it again, right? Well if that is right, I am insane! But why did we turn this way? Well meaning, friends and family have been at our throat for years! And we have laughed them in their face! But the guilt trip did us in. You have one kid, and then the fear that that one kid will turn into all the ominous things promised by the “Single child syndrome”, drives you to have another!! See how are world is ruled by Cheeky? Well what can we say!

So we decided to have another kid and talked to our GP about it. Because that’s what people do.. when they decide to have a kid they tell their doctor.. not friends, not family, their doctor! Remember how they say tell your doctors and lawyers everything? We don’t have a lawyer just the doctor! But this approach had its own shortcomings! When we called up family to give them the news we were greeted by silence.. no yelp no shout, silence while they digested it and cleared their throat “Ahem.. was it an accident? Do we congratulate you?”! Sigh.. we must have been very good convincing them right? We still managed to look and sound unabashed as we admitted that this was a well thought out and well planned decision! It takes a lot to corner some people.. and we are one of those!

The family has now whooped in joy and beamed their approval.. we on the other hand have to deal with the hunger pangs, the sleepy head and a 5 yr old that bounces on me all the time! THE JOURNEY HAS JUST BEGUN!!


https://cheekymunchkin.wordpress.com/2009/11/16/the-journey-begins/

No comments:

My introspections on Women's day

  It is International Women's  Day and a day for us to celebrate women. Every year for me this is a day of introspection, it is a day to...