Happy Go Lucky!!
Do I have it in me to have deep thoughts? I have been reading a lot of blogs and it occurs to me that many of the folks I read have such profound thoughts! While I have none? I do love reading all the posts and most times give me two cents on the topic of discussion, but I can never make such heartfelt posts of my own.. I wonder why.. I am reminded of my mom .. she used to say "I do hope you get serious once in a while.. life is not a big joke you know?" Oh well..
Staying at Home!
I often get this question "How can you stay at home, arent you bored". I used to think so too when I worked. Then a couple of years back I quit, my life was getting too meaningless for me!! I needed to step back and give myself some space, and enjoy Nantu's company. A lot of my relatives and friends never could understand. I quit a job in a renowned company, a well paying job where I had good growth prospects. And the fact is I loved my work, maybe too much!
When I quit many bet that I will be running back in 6 months. Its been 2 years, I do want to go back to the action. Now that Nantu is in school et al and I will (Oh IRS give me the work permit please!!). But strangely its not at all like I thought. Staying at home is so much fun.. I get to see all the daily antics of my son.. I get time for myself and my hobbies (writing, reading). My life is more relaxed! And I get to travel!
Just yesterday I was wondering why we think that when you dont work (put your education to use!!) you waste your life? I know I used to think that way, but this 2 year stint has changed me so much, I have so much more respect for all those women who have decided to stay at home. Having said that I also have a lot of awe and respect for the women who do it all - work and raise kids.. but thats a whole new post!! (Picture Courtesy: http://www.thestayathomemother.com/sites/default/files/u3/Balance.jpg)
Addicted to Blogging?
This is a question we bloggers ask ourselves time and again.. or dont we?? is it only me?? uhuh!!! Anyway, here is a list of questions that I think are a definite mark of addiction (Oh yes I have so much time I came up with a full fedged list!!!!)
1. Do you have to blog every day or every other day??
2. Do you blog in your head all day - in the shower, as you fall asleep... ?
3. Do you log in and check your blog - just to admire how it looks - 4 times a day if not more?
4. Everytime someone comments do you send a word of thanks to heaven?
5. If you see your kid do something smart, watch some event do you immediately compose a blog in your mind?
6. On vacations do you take special pictures with your blog in mind?
7. When you have a conversation with friends, do you find yourself quoting from blogs??
8. When there are chores to be done are you still at the computer?
9. Do your blog friends know you better than your real life friends?
10. Do you threaten everyone with the refrain "You stop that or I will blog about you"
11. Do your conversations with friends start or end with "In my blog I wrote ..."
12. Do you have your blog page on your email signature?
13. Are you always listing the reasons why you arent a blog addict?
14. Have you ever considered methods of advertising your blog.. maybe put some hoardings up in the middle of the highway?
15. Are you reading this and nodding along/ smiling to yourself.. uhoh.. you cant be saved I dont think the blog-o-holics anaonymous will take you in.
I am guilty as charged!! I think I am doomed... are you?? (Picture Courtesy: http://www.center-escape.org/images/comp_add_clip_image008.jpg)
I will do the tag you sent my way... just need more time and a lot more thought!!
(Note to Self: Focus is what you need in life.. think think think!!)
Wish you all a merry christmas! I am off on a short vacation this weekend, and so looking forward to it.. Will be back refreshed and stuffed!!