Two in one - Sensitivity and Planning Ahead!
I have never allowed Nantu to watch too much TV. Most Indian movies we watch are probably okay for a kid to watch.. being musicals and family entertainers... but we don't like Nantu watching them. Most parents I know allow their kids to watch, and kids enjoy watching the bright colors and lovely songs.. Nantu watches song sequences too.. but nothing else. So much so, when we were in Tennessee Nantu declared that if he watched Adult TV (Daddy's TV Time its called!) he would get pulled up by mom for it! Oh well!!
I also don't let him watch cartoons which have anything remotely related to violence.. and unfortunately this includes spider man and tom and jerry.. My reasoning is that a 3 year old has still not grasped the comedy in hitting and shoving! (Oh yes I am crazy that way). Anyway, I realized yesterday that in my attempt to shield him from such violence... I am probably bringing him up to be too sensitive. We were listening to rhymes and for the first time Nantu heard the rhyme "Three Blind Mice".. He was very upset that the Farmer's wife cut off their tails... "But the mice need their tails mommy" he said... "This is a naughty song, I don't want to listen to this.. Please don't download this! Delete it!! ".. He even made sure before going to bed that I had deleted the song! I am of course a little taken aback that he reacted so strongly! I open this out to all you bloggers out there.. what do you think of this??
The second part of my blog is about the tag Suma sent my way.. Oh yeah I finally got around to doing it!
I have always been bad at planning ahead.. but I do dream... Suma (Thinking Aloud) put me up to coming up with a list of things I wanted to do by the next decade... I have been thinking long enough.. but haven't been able to come up with anything profound!! So here is my wish list!!
2. Lose that tummy... Oh well, I hope it doesn't take 10 years to do that!!
3. Work - I need to figure out what I need to do in terms of working... I need to go back to work, but when and what I am still figuring out!
4. Where I belong ... I want to be back in India in 10 years.. or if I am here, let that be with a full heart with no wish to go back. I just want to belong where I live and vice versa
5. Travel - DH and I have loads of travel dreams... cruises, RV trips, Europe, Australia, backpacking and so on.. hope we do it all or at least most of it in the next 10 years!
6. Giving Back - I want to help the society in every way I can... not just monetarily but physically.. by being there.... maybe teach the less privileged or some such thing. I also want to have Nantu spend at least a day of every year with children of his age who are less privileged...
7. Living with Dad - 10 years is a long time.. as soon as is possible I want to have my dad stay with me... I cant stand the fact that he is miles away from us!!
8. Yoga and Temper control - I need to learn and start actively practicing yoga in my daily life. Also work on my temper... hopefully the yoga will help me tone down my short temper!!
9. Farming Dreams - Oh yes I am crazy.. I want to own a farm house and live in quasi wilderness.. if I will farm or grow livestock is very questionable.. but I want a house on a property which has a grove and a creek in it.. Oh well I do dare to dream!
10. A good friend - I want to be a good friend to Nantu and DH... The first step Patience... I am so short on this... I am going to work at acquiring some!
Alright!! That wasn't too hard!! Thanks Suma for making me do this... and what better time to plan than the New Year!
Tagging in turn -
2 B's Mommy
Wish You all a Happy and Prosperous 2008! Have a Blast!