Saturday, November 24, 2007
I recently discovered Writers Island.. it sounds like good fun.
The prompt from Writers Island this week is Letter... Decided to give it a try...
At the mention of "Letter" a numerous things flit through my mind..
1. Letters from pen pals in school... I had a couple of pen pals (a friend and a cousin). We would write each other every week...and try our hand at humour in the back of the envelope!!!
2. Letters a friend and I would write to each other. We went to school together... but wrote to each other.. poetry, letters etc. We also wrote anonymous poetry to all our friends.. which ofcourse wasnt so anonymous after all!!
3. Letters from my grand dad .. He is 96 and stilll writes long illegible letters .. filled with advice, blessings and love. Letters from grand mom in the last leaf of the aerogramme... trying to fit everything in the small space thatha gave her!!
4. Opening my mailbox every morning in eager anticipation for emails from DH .. when we lived in different parts of the world. Later similarly eagerly anticipating emails from mom every morning.
5. Chain mails among friends at work.. the same chain would go on for days together and was always good fun!!
6. An email from a certain somebody (who will remain unnamed for my safety).. which always contain the subject line "Letter"
7. Resignation letter at my first job.. I was sooo proud of landing a job with one of the leading companies that I wrote an arrogant letter of resignation.. and presented it equally arrogantly.
8. The soap "Friends" where Joey writes a letter to the adoption commitee as a reference for Monica and Chandler.
Me: Nantu do you want to write a letter?
Nantu: Yes. Can I write in my laptop.
Me(Excited): Yes who would you write to? God? Santa
Me: What would you write ? Dear Santa...
Nantu: No he is just Santa... I will write the letter L
Me: What? Why L Nantu?
Nantu: Summa (Just like that), letter L is very good
Yes I do think letter L is very good dont you?? Children do put our thoughts in perspective ... Whats your favourite letter??